May 3, 2013
Just in Time for Cinco de Mayo
Brady's 5 Tips for a Drinking Date
Cinco de Mayo is this Sunday, which means your weekend MIGHT involve some drinking. But if you're on a DATE, you'll want to keep things in check so you don't get too sloppy. Here are five tips for properly pulling off a drinking date . . .
1. Eat Something. If you're not having dinner together before you go out, make sure you still eat something. Just keep it light . . . like half a sandwich or a quick snack . . . so you don't feel sick once you start drinking.
2. Drink Water. A good rule of thumb is to have a glass of water for every one or two drinks: You'll pace yourself better, it keeps you hydrated, and you'll be less likely to have a nasty hangover.
3. Play a Game. If the bar you're at has pool or darts, play a few rounds. As long as you don't turn it into a DRINKING game, it should provide a distraction so you're not just sucking down alcohol while trying to make small talk.
4. Take It To a Second Location. Once you've had a few drinks at one place, walk or cab it to another place. It'll give you a short break to sober up, you'll get a change of scenery, and you'll get a chance to talk on the way.
5. Stick to Beer. There's no faster way for things to turn sloppy than taking tequila shots (TRUST YOUR BOY BRADY ON THIS ONE!). So if you're a lightweight, stay away from the hard stuff and stick to beer.