May 3, 2013
Homemade Mosquito Trap
Change the solution every 2 weeks for continuous control.
Works on Gnats too!
1 cup of water
1/4 cup of brown sugar
1 gram of yeast
2-liter plastic bottle
1. Cut the plastic bottle in half.
2. Mix brown sugar with hot water. Let cool. When cold, pour in the bottom half of the bottle.
3. Add the yeast. No need to mix. It creates carbon dioxide, which attracts mosquitoes.
4. Place the funnel part, upside down, into the other half of the bottle, taping them together if desired.
5. Wrap the bottle with something black, leaving the top uncovered, and place it outside in an area away from your normal gathering area. (Mosquitoes are drawn to the color black or white.)