Apr 6, 2011

8-Year-Old Pepper Spayed By Cops?



The Lakewood, Colorado police recently pepper sprayed an out of control 8 year-old. 'Aidan' went wild at Glennon Heights Elementary where he spat at teachers, broke wood trim off the walls and threatened to stab teachers with it. He says, "I wanted to make something sharp if they came out because I was so mad at them. I was going to try to whack them with it." Lakewood Police officers sprayed him twice until he dropped the piece of wood. Aiden was then handcuffed.

Aiden's mother says, "I'm sure what he was doing wasn't right, but he's 8 years old. They walked in, asked him to drop the stick, and then sprayed him with the spray... I think it's excessive."

Lakewood Police spokesman Steve Davis defended the officers' decision to use pepper spray. "You've got teachers barricading themselves in a room. They are obviously frightened. I think they not only made the right choice, they made a great choice that day to use the pepper spray."